If you have collection materials you wish to donate to the OHS, we ask that you contact these staff members before bringing or sending items to the OHS building:
For museum objects (such as textiles, three-dimensional objects, and artwork) please contact:
Kim Buergel, Registrar
For library materials (such as documents, including personal papers and business or organizational records, books and other publications, photographs, film, sound recordings, posters, architectural drawings, or maps), please contact:
Shawna Gandy, Library Director
- Our capacity to review and accept donations is limited. Your patience is appreciated.
- If you have materials previously authorized for donation to the library, please contact the library director for delivery instructions.
- We are not able to accommodate drop-in visitors or unscheduled donation drop-offs.
- The library no longer accepts postcards, daily newspapers (such as the Oregonian or Oregon Journal), or self-published family histories.
For more information regarding materials donation, please click the links below to see our two donation guides and collections policy:
We greatly appreciate your interest in contributing to our collections. We look forward to speaking with you about the materials you wish to donate.
Personal Collection Care
Do you have your own collection of historic artifacts, manuscripts, photographs, books, or films? The Oregon Historical Society has some hints for preserving these items, including:
- Saving Yesterday for Tomorrow (pdf)
- Conservation and Storage Supplies (pdf)
- Caring for Clothing and Quilts (pdf)