Following the guidance and requirements of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) for cultural attractions and museums, the Oregon Historical Society has implemented important safety protocols for the health of our staff and visitors. We thank you for adhering to the following guidelines as we do our part to protect our community.
Wear A Face Covering
Pursuant to the Governor’s executive order, all visitors age five and older are required to wear a face covering. In compliance with ADA requirements, guests who have a physical or mental health condition, including disability, that prevents them from putting on, taking off, or wearing a face covering or are unable to wear a face covering for medical reasons will be exempt. If visitors do not have a face covering, single-use face coverings will be provided at no charge. Thank you for taking this precaution to protect our visitors and staff.
Please keep six feet of distance between yourself and visitors outside of your party. Per OHA guidelines, groups of up to 10 within the same party are not required to maintain six feet of physical distance.
Other safety precautions you will notice on your next visit:
- Additional hand sanitizing stations installed at the museum’s entrance and throughout the building
- Plexiglas sneeze guards installed at point of sale stations
- Designated one-way paths to maintain required distancing as visitors enter, exit, and enjoy our exhibitions
- Limited contact transactions; at this time, we will be discouraging cash/check transactions
- Limiting building capacity to a maximum of 50 people (includes staff and visitors) in the museum at one time (updated 11/9/20)
Modified Exhibit Access
For the safety of our visitors, high touch hands-on interactive elements in our exhibitions are closed until further notice. History Hub will be closed until further notice due to the hands-on nature of this exhibition. The Photo Hallway gallery is also temporarily closed due to the inability for visitors to easily maintain six feet of distance.
The Oregon Historical Society Museum Store will maintain the same public hours as the museum. During this time, there will be a limit of four customers in the store at one time. We are eager to welcome shoppers back to the museum store, as all sales in our store provide critical funding in support of our mission.