Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
Monday – Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Sundays: Noon – 5pm
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday||January 21, 2019|
|Memorial Day||May 27, 2019|
|Independence Day||July 4, 2019|
|Labor Day||September 2, 2019|
|Thanksgiving||November 28, 2019|
||December 23 – 25, 2019
|Multnomah Co. Residents (with proof of residency*)||FREE|
|Students & Teachers (with ID)||$8|
|Youth (6 – 18)||$5|
|Children (5 & under)||FREE|
*Proof of Multnomah County residency can include a State Issued Identification Card, Driver's License, or utility bill. Library cards and TriMet passes are not valid forms of ID.
Admission can be purchased at the front desk during museum hours.
Admission to the museum is FREE on the following days!
Tips for Visiting the Oregon Historical Society
We ask that when you visit the Oregon Historical Society to please follow these rules to help keep our visitors, staff, and priceless collections safe:
- Food and beverages (including screw-tops) are not permitted in the museum and research library. Visitors are welcome to enjoy their lunch on our outdoor plaza adjacent to our main lobby/pavilion.
- Photography is permitted in select museum exhibits; please defer to posted signs or ask a Visitor Services representative if you have questions.
- Please check large items and oversized bags at Visitor Services. Lockers are available to store small items. If possible, please leave large items like backpacks or luggage at your home or hotel to speed entry.
- Please silence your cell phone during your visit as a courtesy to your fellow visitors and researchers.
- If you wish to take notes, please use a pencil and clipboard or other portable writing device.
- Do not bring any weapons, including firearms, knives (including pocket or Swiss Army style knives), pepper spray, mace, etc. into the building.
Museums for All
An initiative of the Institute of Museum and Library Services
Museums for All is a cooperative initiative between ACM and IMLS to offer a signature access program that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums regularly and build lifelong museum habits. As a member of this program, the Oregon Historical Society offers free admission and a 10% discount at our Museum Store to individuals and families (up to four) presenting an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card.
Oregon Historical Society is a Blue Star Museum
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free admission to the nation's active duty military personnel including National Guard and Reserve and their families. The program runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The free admission program is available to any bearer of a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID card(dependent ID), or a DD Form 1173‐1 ID card, which includes active duty U.S. military ‐ Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, as well as members of the National Guard and Reserve, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps ‐ and up to five family members. For more information on this program click here.