Trunk contents include:
- Instructions and strategies for using the Mexican American Traditional Arts & Culture Traveling Trunk in the classroom
- A list of Oregon Department of Education State Standards related to content and topics presented in the Mexican American Traditional Arts & Culture Traveling Trunk.
- Recommended resources for students and teachers on Mexican American history and culture, including over 20 books!
- Hands‐on trunk objects available for students to handle in a supervised setting, including traditional Mexican folk art, a flag of Mexico, and traditional games from Mexico
- Photographs portray contemporary Coastal Tribal life.
- Six lesson activity sheets have been included in the Teacher Guide binder. They have been designed to enhance the use of the elements included in the trunk while incorporating important learning standards. The topics include:
- Three different map exercises and worksheets
- Ethnic Group Venn Diagram
- Journey to Oregon Immigration Worksheet
- Folklore I.D. Worksheet
If you would like to schedule a trunk rental, please complete a Trunk Request Form at least two weeks in advance of your desired Traveling Trunk reservation date. You must submit a separate Trunk Request Form for each trunk you would like to reserve. An OHS staff member will respond to your request within 2 to 5 business days. Please note that your trunk rental is not confirmed until you hear from an OHS staff member and have received a confirmation email. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.306.5290.