Trunk contents include:
- A Teacher Binder with lesson plans for 4th and 8th grades. Topics include dams, wool production, environmental issues, agriculture, immigrant and migrant workers, Pendleton Round-up, and cowboy culture.
- A list of Oregon Department of Education State Standards related to content and topics presented in the Eastern Oregon Trunk for both 4th and 8th grades.
- Numerous hands‐on trunk objects are available for students to handle in a supervised setting. Objects include Pendleton blanket scraps, a Stetson cowboy hat, a horse bridle, and many others.
- 3 DVDs that cover the wool industry, Pendleton Round-up, and the movie, The Lorax which incorporates the lessons on environmentalism
- 6 books (both fiction and non-fiction)
- 5 different maps including tribal lands and boundaries, agriculture throughout Oregon, and dams in the Columbia River basin
- Several laminated photograph sand images of traditional life and cowboy culture in Eastern Oregon
If you would like to schedule a rental, please fill out and return the Traveling Trunk Request Form. If you would like to reserve a trunk by phone, have additional questions or would like to view any of the Traveling Trunks' lesson plans or content, please contact OHS Museum Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.306.5279.