Oregon Geographic Names Board
The purpose of the OGNB is to supervise the naming of geographic features within the state of Oregon and to make recommendations to the USBGN,...Learn More
From historical biographies to issues and events that have shaped our state, “Oregon Experience” is an exciting television series co-produced by...Learn More
Oregon Folklife Network
Folklife encompasses the everyday knowledge, art, and lore passed within communities through imitation, conversation, and practice. Such arts,...Learn More
Oregon Cultural Trust
The Oregon Cultural Trust’s mission is to lead in building an environment where cultural organizations are sustained and valued as a core part ofLearn More
Affiliates by Region
Mist-Birkenfeld Historical Society
Mount St. Helens Chapter, Oregon State Society of
Toledo History Center
Jefferson County Historical Society
Sisters County Historical Society
Ashland Heritage Committee
Coquille Valley Historical Society
Kerbyville Museum Board
Oakland Museum Historical Society
Marshfield Sun Printing Museum
Children's Farm Home Historical Society
Junction City Historical Society
Santiam Historical Society
Czech Society of Oregon
Estacada Area Historical Museum
Elgin Museum and Historical Society
Friends of Historic Baker
Fruit Foundation Historical Society
Gilliam County Historical Society
Huntington Historical Preservation Society
Wasco County Historical Society
Become an Affiliate
To register as an Oregon Historical Society (OHS) affiliate member, an organization must first meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The primary purpose of the organization must be for the study and preservation of Oregon history.
- The organization will provide adequate proof of its operating structure by submitting documents such as bylaws, constitution, and purpose or mission statements formally adopted by an appropriate governing body, provided the local Society's bylaws, rules and regulations do not conflict with the articles of incorporation or bylaws of the Oregon Historical Society.
- The organization must have a minimum of fifteen members.
- The organization will provide a list of all current officers and directors/trustees.
- To maintain active status as an OHS affiliate, the organization will continue to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above, and provide updated information on its officers and Executive Director on an annual basis.
Please mail or email the completed application form (PDF) to:
Museum Services Coordinator
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
Per OHS bylaws, affiliate membership must be approved by the OHS Board of Trustees, which meets on a quarterly basis. Letter confirming your membership status will be mailed/emailed to the organization as soon as board approval is received.
Benefits of an OHS Affiliate Membership include:
- Complimentary annual membership for the affiliate organization to the Oregon Historical Society, which includes two membership cards granting free admission to OHS’s museum and other member benefits.
- A subscription to the Oregon Historical Quarterly.
- Email subscription to OHS’s weekly e-digest and monthly educator newsletter.
- Event and exhibit promotion on OHS social media channels and in the “Community Shout-Out” section of OHS’s weekly e-digest, sent to over 20,000 subscribers, as space allows.
- Annual summit at the Oregon Historical Society, an exclusive networking and information-sharing session for affiliate member organizations.
- Affiliate member giveaway of equipment and furniture (occurring every other year).
- $10 discount on Oregon Historical Society membership for members of affiliate organizations.
- Regular emails from OHS affiliate program manager with relevant resources, news, and opportunities.