Oregon Geographic Names Board
The purpose of the OGNB is to supervise the naming of geographic features within the state of Oregon and to make recommendations to the USBGN,...Learn More
Celebrating its 13th season, Oregon Experience is an exciting history series on OPB TV that brings to life stories that help us understand this...Learn More
Oregon Folklife Network
Folklife encompasses the everyday knowledge, art, and lore passed within communities through imitation, conversation, and practice. Such arts,...Learn More
Oregon Cultural Trust
The Oregon Cultural Trust’s mission is to lead in building an environment where cultural organizations are sustained and valued as a core part ofLearn More
Museum of the City of Khabarovsk
The Portland-Khabarovsk Sister City Association (PKSCA) fosters international friendship through cultural & educational exchange and to facilitate social & economic ties between the citizens of our two communities. As a part of this effort, the Oregon Historical Society is building a relationship with the Museum of the City of Khabarovsk.Learn More
Affiliates by Region
Mist-Birkenfeld Historical Society
Mount St. Helens Chapter, Oregon State Society of
Toledo History Center
Coquille Valley Historical Society
Marshfield Sun Printing Museum
Children's Farm Home Historical Society
Estacada Area Historical Museum
Sellwood-Westmoreland Historical Committee
St. Johns Heritage Association
Elgin Museum and Historical Society
Fruit Foundation Historical Society
Huntington Historical Preservation Society
To register as an Oregon Historical Society (OHS) affiliate member, an organization must first meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The primary purpose of the organization must be for the study and preservation of Oregon history.
- The organization will provide adequate proof of its operating structure by submitting documents such as bylaws, constitution, and purpose or mission statements formally adopted by an appropriate governing body, provided the local Society's bylaws, rules and regulations do not conflict with the articles of incorporation or bylaws of the Oregon Historical Society.
- The organization must have a minimum of fifteen members.
- The organization will provide a list of all current officers and directors/trustees.
- To maintain active status as an OHS affiliate, the organization will continue to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above, and provide updated information on its officers and Executive Director on an annual basis.
Please mail or email the completed application form (PDF) to:
Chief Operations Officer
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
Per OHS bylaws, affiliate membership must be approved by the OHS Board of Trustees, which meets on a quarterly basis. Letter confirming your membership status will be mailed/emailed to the organization as soon as board approval is received.