Samantha Marsden, President
Marketing Manager, OpenSesame
Carmen Sarjeant, Vice President
Supervising Archaeologist / Assistant Lab Director, Archaeological Investigations Northwest
Molly Harpel, Secretary
Nonprofit Consultant, Kris Anderson Consulting, LLC
Law Student, Lewis & Clark Law School
Concierge, Marriott Waterfront
Attorney, Engrav Law Office LLP
Founder, 32° Digital
Strategic Communications Manager, Cambia Health Solutions
Associate Account Executive, Anitian
Corporate Communications Manager, Portland Trail Blazers
Project Manager, Fore Construction
Director of Development, R&H Investments
Senior Financial Analyst, WE Communications
Corporate Accountability Specialist, Cambia Health Solutions
Attorney, Fisher & Phillips LLP
Account Coordinator, Hubbell Communications
Jenny Baer Tuohy
Attorney, Stoel Rives LLP
Alex Saro Youssefian
Senior Partner, Talent Acquisition, Banfield Pet Hospital
What is The Cabinet?
The Cabinet is a dynamic ambassadorial board for the Oregon Historical Society. Established in 2014, The Cabinet is consists of young professionals from varied backgrounds who share a passion for history. By supporting the Society through fundraising and outreach, and by introducing new patrons to our exhibits, research library, publications, and public programs, Cabinet members play a vital role in helping OHS continue to preserve and share Oregon history for future generations.
As stewards of the Oregon Historical Society, The Cabinet educates, informs, and engages all ages by interacting with the community in ways that inspire curiosity in our shared past, with the goal of making Oregon history fun for all ages.
- Volunteerism & Community Service
- Valuable Networking & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fundraising & Event Management Experience
- The Opportunity to Help Share & Preserve Oregon History!
What is Required?
- Maintain current membership status with the Oregon Historical Society at the Individual level ($60).
- Volunteer at two OHS sponsored events annually
- Assist OHS cultivation and friend-raising by hosting friends at two OHS programs per year
- Attend 70% + of scheduled Cabinet meetings
- Support & promote the Society through peer to peer or social media outreach and marketing